Thursday, August 20, 2009

mandatory study break

So I'm in my living room studying Fair Value Options and GAAP Hierarchy when I get a buzz from the front door of my building. It's a mailman and I have to sign for something.

Now, my oldest younger sister who just moved to LA sent me a birthday present last month that still hasn't arrived, so I'm guesing it's that. She told me I had to wait to open it in the presence of my boyfriend, who I won't be seeing until next weekend. So on the way down the stairs I'm thinking things like,
"Wow, it's lucky this came on the one day I took off work," and
"It sucks that I have to wait a week to open it."

I get downstairs, and see that it's a flat envelope, and it's from my boyfriend. So now I think it's the book-on-cd he burnt for me last weekend and forgot to leave here. But I feel it, and it's definitely paper. On the way up to my apartment (yes, I waited until I was in my apartment, because I'm sadistic and withhold things from myself) the main contenders for possibilities were:
-Real Estate information
-Some sort of contract
-An incriminating picture meant to be used for blackmailing purposes

Inside the [huge, express mail] envelope was....another envelope. And inside THAT envelope was this:




Please note the bluebirds, pot of oranges, and "extremely urgent" designation. And, as the artist pointed out to me, that the leaves are all 4-leaf clovers and the tree itself is in the shape of a 4-leaf clover. AND it cost $13 to send!! That might not be a big deal to most people, but I've been pinching pennies for the past few months like I'm a walking...pincher thingie. I was hoping inspiration would come upon me for that at the end, but it didn't. Disappointment City, population: me.

The bottom line to all this is that this dude frickin' pwns. If Mother Theresa had been into things like dating guys, even she wouldn't have deserved this one. Sapsapsap lamelamelame I know. I KNOW. But whatever, it's my blog. I promise my next entry will have nothing to do with affection or anything for which I'm appreciative.

OK, interlude is over. Now, another hopeful-house teaser picture. The view of the backyard from the "top" of the driveway (Oh, did I mention it has off-street parking? Brushes.off.shoulders.):


1 comment:

Kaci said...

aaaawwwwwwwwwwww very sha-wheat. :)