Wednesday, August 19, 2009

when i'm with you feels like i'm home

Day 2. The year of our lord. Or something.

In 2 days I'll be taking the 1st of 4 sections of the CPA exam. Well, first for me. There isn't a specific order. But it's the one that has the most prep courses scheduled for it...FAR. Financial Accounting and Reporting. Tonight I studied acquisitions at length because the policy JUST changed and there might be a huuuuge problem on it. But it's a 4-hour exam, and there could be a huuuuuge problem on any of the topics. I've taken the day off work tomorrow to study. What a reLIEF it was when THAT got approved.

Other major relief of the week: The Foliage and I put a bid in on a house on Sunday, and after a few back and forths, we've agreed on a price. It's been a rough year+ of living almost 2 hours away from one another, and now it'll come to an end. At the low low cost of 30 years of debt! As he so charmingly likes to remind me.

We ended up at a price $9k below the amount the house was listed for, and $12k above what we initially offered. Not counting repair-type requests. But we wayyyyy underbid, and we're still in a very comfortable range monthly-payment-wise. I haven't spoken to the other realtor, but our realtor makes him/her sound pre.tty. snotty. Which I don't appreciate because OUR realtor is very high on my list of favorite people and I don't like the idea of her having to put up with it. But I guess she's a professional and not phased. The picture included is her standing just outside the back of our hopeful-house. Don't you love it?! It reminds me of the short designer lady from "The Incredibles." Not Anna Wintour...the Pixar manifestation of Anna Wintour. Very important distinction.

Now I have to go to bed so I can be productive and memorize the other 19 chapters of FAR tomorrow. Sweet Zombie Jesus, please let me pass these things...

No comments: