Tuesday, January 12, 2010

those japanese and their robots...

I was just on Facebook and saw my friend's status update, urging people to go to www.bethematch.org. I followed the link, and initially was hesitant because I'm not really that gung ho about drastic medical procedures.

I'm fairly positive that I'm going to develop some awful cancer within the next decade, and I've already refused treatment. My doctor keeps telling me I'm fine, but little does she know...

Anyway, I was hesitant. And then I remembered why my friend was saying this. Because her little, little cousin need need needs it. And then I thought about myself as a parent with a kid who desperately needed bone marrow but had no one to give it to him/her...and I'll admit, I teared up a little. After reading about the procedure, it really doesn't seem that invasive. So I signed up. And if a wuss like me can do it, you can too.

Now I have to go back to priming the Foliage's atrocious bedroom furniture, in preparation for painting it all glossy black, and giving myself cancer with the fumes.

No comments: