Friday, July 23, 2010

hold everything. or like 3 things.

Going through my Google Reader this morning, as usual, I came upon these beauties

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Via Peacock Feathers, items created by Kate Spade.

How.frigging.genius. Clutch purses made to look like literary classics. I think these would make fantastic accessories for bridesmaids in a literary-inspired wedding (which I feel like I keep seeing all over the intertubes lately).

It gave me an idea to create basically the same thing, but instead of making it a hard box, to silkscreen the cover design onto heavyweight fabric and make a sort of envelope clutch. I think it'd be relatively easy to do, and REALLY easy to personalize after figuring it out the first time.

Ohhh how my ambition gets ahead of me...

No comments: