Wednesday, July 14, 2010

sweet virginia brown

Have you seen the movie "Away We Go"? Someone turned it on during our trip last week and we ended up watching the second half of it or so. Maybe more than that. I want to watch it again from the beginning at home, because I really liked what I saw.

There's a scene in a nightclub where one of the characters dances to The Velvet Underground's "Oh! Sweet Nuthin" and it is...just absolutely heartbreaking. I don't want to ruin the story for anyone, and to be clear the movie overall is not a downer. But that one scene...it was SO well acted. You really feel the despair and love between the couple.

Anyway. That song has been in my head since last night, but I can't hear it without seeing the woman's devastated and numb face. I really hope today picks up.

No comments: