Thursday, August 19, 2010

ta DA

Source and Event which you should totally attend (I can't because I'd already made plans...go in my stead. Please?)


So we're moving to Maryland. Specifically, we're moving to Silver Spring, which is a suburb of DC. Even more specifically, we're moving into my future grandfather-in-law's house.

The Foliage and I have been talking about this for a couple of weeks now, but we only just spoke with the grandfather in question (henceforth known as "GPT") last night. So we couldn't "announce" it until he'd agreed to let us live in his home.

My future husband and siblings-in-law were raised by GPT and their grandmother, Nana. This past March, Nana passed away, after nearly a year-long battle*. GPT has had a lot to handle, and we want to help. There are other reasons and details and things, but I don't feel comfortable posting such family matters online. We're excited to be around for the 2 youngest siblings, and to be in the DC area!

And to live somewhere without bed bugs. That'll be fun. Although this house does have a roach problem, apparently. Yay.

So that's our big news.

*Her first husband was a smoker, and her son (my future father-in-law) is. Secondhand smoke from living with both of them scarred her lungs, which led to several bouts of pneumonia and caused her oxygen level to plummet.

No comments: