Tuesday, January 11, 2011

boys are icky

Characters in media I do not like:

Tom Sawyer
Zack Morris
Dennis the Menace

All of the above are complete and total jerks, who screw with people in the name of their own selfish interests. Disgusting. Loathesome. Of course I loved "Saved by the Bell" back in the day, but I was young. I didn't know any better. But I NEVER liked that Dennis. And we all know how I feel about Tom.

Character in media I like:

Harriet the Spy

This girl had spunk. This girl lived life. This girl didn't cause anyone undue stress.

I think the bottom line here is that male characters tend to be horrible pains in the *ss. Also, I finished The Lacuna and was kind of disappointed. It was really good, I just...didn't really get into it as much as I expected to. Maybe I feel for Kingsolver's female characters more deeply than male. Maybe I feel for ALL female characters more deeply than male. Maybe this post has pointed out a potentially major propensity of mine for female perspectives - and disregard for male - that I never knew existed.

Whoa, Blogspot. Whoa. It's only Tuesday for crissakes. Just calm it down.

2 comments:

Robyn Pell said...

Dennis is like 5. Cut the boy some slack for goodness sakes!

ceejus said...

If not Dennis, then his parents. They need to reign that business IN.

Did you send me a card about doctors and a hamster?