Wednesday, January 19, 2011

my timing sucks

OK, so I SWEAR this is not going to become a weight loss blog, and I've promised myself after this post, my next 5 entries can't involve my body image or fitness or diet or any of that. Because do you care? Um, of course not. And you absolutely shouldn't. But I need to get this out, so for THIS post...

I have the worst timing ever. Here's what's happened so far in week 1 of Weight Watchers:
  • I went to a girls' night out and drank. A lot. Alcohol takes up mad of them points.
  • Right before the night out, The Foliage and I went to dinner where I definitely ate fried potstickers and way too much of my [super decadent] main dish.
  • The rest of the weekend was spent at my parents' house. Where I was fed like Paula Deen was running the show. I never noticed how my mom delights in feeding us. I mean, I guess I'd noticed, I'd just never NOTICED, you know? So.much.food. And so little of it vegetables. Was it amazingly good? Yeah, of course. Not that I'd know, since I had to pass up a lot of it. You can't know true pain until you have to say "no" to your mother's homemade spiced muffins while everyone around you partakes. Truly.
  • It's Restaurant Week in DC. Today I went to lunch at Vidalia with my friend Michelle. Friday I'm double dating for dinner at Lima. Lordy. Am I expected to order salads at some of the best restaurants in the District?! Puh-leeze. What a waste. I got the vegetarian entree, but I don't know that it made up for the black-bottom fudge and mousse cake that finished the meal.
  • Friday after dinner we're hosting The Foliage's siblings for a yay-Robyn-finished-high-school movie marathon and slumber party. Which will of course involve snacks by the pound.
On the other hand, I've been working out, but I can't rack up activity points nearly as fast as I can eat them. So at this point, halfway through the week, I've already used up almost all of my weekly "extra" points, and I have relatively few activity points. I may be screwed.

And that concludes my talking about Weight Watchers, I swear. I just can't stop trying to figure out why this is so hard. I restricted calories to a severe degree for a YEAR for crissakes. I can't even handle a week?! Sigh*

Now back to your regularly scheduled sarcastic musings.

7 comments:

Leah said...

First off, I totally care. Because I am nozy and crap.
Secondly, until you KNOW WW like the back of your hand, it's a pain in the ROYAL ANUS to go out to eat. Just so you know. Give it another year of it and you will be prepared....

ceejus said...

But I love eating out!! That's why I think my timing sucks, though. When I signed up for the 7-day trial on Saturday I wasn't thinking about the fact that Restaurant Week was, um, THIS WEEK. And I already had 2 RW dates scheduled. And I was going out drinking and then staying at my parents'. Ugh. Oh, well. No time like the present. It's not like temptations wouldn't exist if I'd started a week later. Blahhhhhhhh

Jennierose said...

You read my blog and that's ALL I ramble on about...

And don't worry about it. I joined between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Let's talk about bad timing...

At least the trial has given you a chance to play around with the system, see how it works, and see if you like it.

Swiss Miss said...

Um. I served salad and the spaghetti sauce had tomatoes in it. I considered serving melon at breakfast, but went the lazy route and gave you orange juice.

But- what you said is true. I do delight in cooking for others. I am my mother.

ceejus said...

Yeah, at least I didn't join during holiday season. That would've been bad.

I just don't want the whole blog to be about my weight/health. I have maybe 3 friends who would looooove to hear about my WW trials and tribulations. The rest do not care to wade through that ish. Which is fair. There are very few people whose weight loss journeys interest me enough to read about it on their blogs.

Mom, I punished that salad. PUN.ISH.ED. But then it was gone. And Leaf had leftover spaghetti. Oh.the.torture.

Michelle said...

Um, this isn't really useful but for the record Vidalia was TOTALLY WORTH IT. Even though I was late. Sorry about that again, BTW.

In other news, you look fab all the time, so there's that?

ceejus said...

Vidalia was SO. EFFING. WORTH. IT. Gah, so good!! And my boss hardly notices my comings and goings, so being late wasn't a huge deal. Don't worry about it. Bottom line: derish. So derish my diet can bite me.