I have the worst timing ever. Here's what's happened so far in week 1 of Weight Watchers:
- I went to a girls' night out and drank. A lot. Alcohol takes up mad of them points.
- Right before the night out, The Foliage and I went to dinner where I definitely ate fried potstickers and way too much of my [super decadent] main dish.
- The rest of the weekend was spent at my parents' house. Where I was fed like Paula Deen was running the show. I never noticed how my mom delights in feeding us. I mean, I guess I'd noticed, I'd just never NOTICED, you know? So.much.food. And so little of it vegetables. Was it amazingly good? Yeah, of course. Not that I'd know, since I had to pass up a lot of it. You can't know true pain until you have to say "no" to your mother's homemade spiced muffins while everyone around you partakes. Truly.
- It's Restaurant Week in DC. Today I went to lunch at Vidalia with my friend Michelle. Friday I'm double dating for dinner at Lima. Lordy. Am I expected to order salads at some of the best restaurants in the District?! Puh-leeze. What a waste. I got the vegetarian entree, but I don't know that it made up for the black-bottom fudge and mousse cake that finished the meal.
- Friday after dinner we're hosting The Foliage's siblings for a yay-Robyn-finished-high-school movie marathon and slumber party. Which will of course involve snacks by the pound.
And that concludes my talking about Weight Watchers, I swear. I just can't stop trying to figure out why this is so hard. I restricted calories to a severe degree for a YEAR for crissakes. I can't even handle a week?! Sigh*
Now back to your regularly scheduled sarcastic musings.