Wednesday, February 16, 2011

taffeta, darling!

I'm not that impressed with BHLDN. Yeah, I said it! I love Anthropologie, and Urban Outfitters, and good LORD I love Terrain. They're some of my favorite places for inspiration. So my hopes for the bridal line were pretty high, and I just don't feel like it really delivered. As usual, their presentation is impeccable, and some stuff is nice. But overall I had that feeling of they're-trying-too-hard like I do when I look through their other stores' wares sometimes. We GET it. You're DIFFERENT. But you're different in really unimpressive ways. And also, in keeping with their other stores, it costs way too much for what it is.

But the wedding industry is just CUH-RAZY about it, and every. single. event planning blog I follow has been showing the same teaser images over and over for weeks, and now that it's actually debuted, they're showing the same website images over and over. And, you know, they can post whatever they want to. It's not really my concern. I just feel like I'm missing something. Is the line really THAT amazing? Or is everyone telling themselves they're amazed, because they expected to be, based on the parent company's reputation? Thoughts?

1 comment:

sookton said...

Totes agreed. I was thinking it was going to be brillballz 2012. It was just ok..and weird. And I am soo not into tafetta. But I thought their shoe collection was pretty cute.