Tuesday, April 19, 2011

with the thoughts i'd be thinkin' i could be another lincoln

I know that in right-triangles the hypoteneuse is always the longest side...but is the sum of the lengths of the other 2 sides always longer than the hypoteneuse? I feel like that's true.







And THAT is the sort of sh*t that I think about on my walk to the metro each morning. It's like I'm almost smart because apparently I ponder geometry on my downtime, but I still lose because I don't know the answers to my questions, and I never look them up, I just keep wondering. Thanks, brain. You're a doll. And by "doll" I mean "97% useless."

3 comments:

The Foliage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Foliage said...

Yes, otherwise the line segments wouldn't be long enough to connect to each other.

I'm sure there are specific geometry rules that5 explain it more precisely, but I forget 10th grade.

ceejus said...

I love you.