Thursday, May 12, 2011

build your castles in the sky

This. Is. Hilarious.

I was just having the same thought recently. I don't know why. Probably the same reason I psychoanalyzed a Beatles' song character. For whatever reason, I was thinking about the improbability of the lives of all the women on Sex and the City. And, I mean, ALL television characters' lives are totally unrealistic when you consider their jobs (see: Friends, in which Monica who was unemployed a lot of the time, afforded a 1,500 square foot, 2-bedroom apartment in Greenwich Village...and her roommates were largely unemployed, too). But SATC really bugged me. The homes AND the Manolo addictions AND the constant drinking at lounges? Puh-leeze.

Anyway, that breakdown is HIRAR. I highly recommend.

2 comments:

Leah said...

What? You don't believe "rent control" made Monica's apartment affordable??? *gasp*

Anonymous said...

to be fair, monica's apartment was rent controlled in her grandmother's name so I think she was paying like 800/month or something COMPLETELY ridiculous... they brought it up in one episode
anthony