Hopefully this is the final stretch. Please, universe and Great Omnipotence...please let us be almost done planning this.
- Our honeymoon will be for 2 weeks. We'll leave late on Monday, September 5th and return the weekend of September 17th. Probably Sunday afternoon.
- First we thought we'd stay home and do nothing.
- Then we thought we'd road trip.
- Then, Ibiza.
- Then my parents offered us their timeshare for one of the weeks, and a family friend of The Foliage's offered to pay for airfare as a wedding gift.
- So we're going to Europe!
- The second week is being spent in my parents' timeshare exchange. THEIR timeshare is in Atlantic City, so we've been wait-listed for our choice locations for "our" week.
- Our choice locations were Nice, France and Venice, Italy.
- We had a travel agent plan our first week, based on ending in Nice or Venice.
- She created an itinerary starting in London, then going to Paris, then Zermatt, Switzerland, followed by a train to our second week location.
- Yesterday, the timeshare management company called to say they can't find anything in Nice or Venice, but offered one on Tenerife in the Canary Islands.
- On first glance, awesome. On second glance (and after reading reviews), meh.
- The Foliage called back, and they had 2 Austrian properties available, and 1 on Gran Canaria in the Canaries.
- F*ck yeah Canary Islands!
But now we need to figure out what to do for week 1. Because we're not going from Zermatt to the Canary Islands mid-trip. That's, like, an entire day of traveling. No.
Our current first week options are:
- Barcelona (maybe also Cadiz, if we want to split it up a little)
Any opinions? Thoughts? I'm leaning toward Barcelona, but that might be because of this rental option which I want to put in my mouth. Le sigh.