Tuesday, May 31, 2011

put your hands up

This post really doesn't have a point.

Though I guess arguably NONE of my posts do. So. There's that.

Here's what I'm trying to say: I have issues with mucus.

Not just any mucus...my mucus. You know how dogs always have wet noses, and that's how you know they're healthy? Well, I ALWAYS have a sniffle. Year-round. Every year. All the time. It's really annoying. And when people make me laugh unexpectedly, I exhale sharply, and snot flies out of my nose. Then I immediately wipe my nose with my hand to get rid of the evidence. But really I just draw more attention to the fact that I have snot on my face. Great. I've trained myself to have more of a chest-laugh*, so I'm not doing the breathing-laugh thing. So now my options are a hearty guffaw or MUCUS.

I'm a real winner. In other news, we decided on our wedding bands this weekend, which means I LOCKED THAT SH*T DOWN. Awww YEAH life strategery!!

*Which is not to say my laugh isn't genuine, it's just maybe not what my natural laugh would be when left unattended.

2 comments:

UseYourWords said...

Post-nasal drip . . . been there, done that. It usually goes away a bit in the summertime, though. E is basically a faucet. If it makes you feel any better.

Yay wedding bands!

ceejus said...

Well, I guess it's better when I'm outside in the heat. Maybe the change in temperatures (hot outdoors to AC indoors and back again...constantly) is making it worse. That would make sense.