Sunday, May 1, 2011

transformers: THE SHIFT DRESS (dun dun DUNNNNN)

For my bridal shower, I have been SWOONING over this dress:

By Lily Pulitzer

This year I am [unexpectedly] loving navy blue and looser fits, and this dress makes me have mini-seizures of adoring. Which is a little dangerous, I guess, but I'm willing to do what I have to do.

Unfortunately, I can't justify the price tag. Or any of her price tags. BUT! I have a plan. I have a dress in a similar silhouette, in this salmony color:


Also by Lily
 Which I've had forever, but have stopped wearing because it has decorative buttons on the front that are REALLY WELL PLACED, if the goal of the dress is to make people think of nipples. I know you know what I'm talking about, but I wanted to provide a visual anyway. Those image searches (buttons + nipples + breasts) did NOT yield the results I wanted, so now we're moving on.

I'm going to remove the buttons, and add some cute rick-rack or eyelet lace. Thoughts on whether I should do gold, ivory or white? Or any advice on who has the prettiest big-pattern lace? Insights are welcome. My plan is pretty much to drive to all the crafty stores in the area and get increasingly exasperated at their lack of appropriate sewing notions.

It is going to be so f*cking ladylike, I can't even stand it.

No comments: