Thursday, August 4, 2011

endorsement

I'm not going to ruin the plot of "Crazy, Stupid, Love." for you, but I will say I really liked it. After seeing such tripe as "Something Borrowed" among others recently...it was so refreshing. To not hate the characters in a RomCom or hope for each of them to get hit by a bus. Which, yes, is not something you're probably supposed to say, but is nonetheless true. The characters are always so seriously unloveable, I just can't ever get into the plot. And by the end I'm hoping one will turn into a homicidal maniac so all the characters can stop existing forever. This hardly ever works out for me.

Anyway. I didn't hate these characters. And you should see the movie.

Warning, though, if you are like me and cry at everything ever, the movie will totally screw you at the very end by making you cry and then going straight to the credits. Plan appropriately.

3 comments:

RachEL said...

well great. now I'll have to wait at least a month for me to forget you said this, so I'm not on edge about crying at the end, through the whole movie. way to ruin everything ceeeeej.

ceejus said...

euhhhhhhhhhh

Also: YOU'RE WELCOME for the WARNING. Sheesh. Go see it and cry in front of everyone for all I care...

UseYourWords said...

Ha! The movie WAS really good, but Rachel, don't worry, there's plenty of comedy at the end too. I mostly enjoyed walking out with new catchphrases, which I now use around people who have not seen the movie, thus negating the purpose of catchphrases . . .