Friday, August 19, 2011

a nerd a weirdo a princess


I've been reading all the Harry Potter books lately, and since I read every day on my commute to and from work, and a lot of times after work, I get a LOT of reading in. Mostly, this is great. Not so great is that I've started having Harry Potter-themed dreams. And they are SO STRESSFUL. I can never remember the names for appropriate spells, so my wand is completely useless. And I've always been prone to chasing dreams anyway, so my chaser* having magic available is sooooooo much worse.

Last night I dreamt that it was the wrap-up of the last book (which I'm reading now), but instead of a stand-off between Harry and Lord Voldemort, a bunch of people in the dream were sitting around, and that song "Don't You Forget About Me" from "The Breakfast Club" was playing.

I woke up with the song in my head, really believing I'd just witnessed the conclusion of the 7th book, and thought, "Well, at least I can read some other book now." And then I heard the song again and got really annoyed with myself.

Man, I can't wait to read some other books.

*Heh.**
**That was directed at HP nerds.

No comments: