Wednesday, September 21, 2011

at once so familiar

Our wedding...was so so so perfect. It was the wedding we were always meant to have. It wasn't how I'd imagined it would be for over a year. But we got there and I had a feeling of, "Ohhhhh riiiiiiight...THIS is my wedding." Like the wedding happened totally on its own and then reeled us in and we never would have had a choice to make it any other way. Like the first conversation you have with your best friend - instantly familiar and comfortable and probably somewhat snarky.

Before the wedding, when The Foliage and I saw each other for the first time in full wedding regalia, and I asked how I looked, he said, "You look exactly like I thought you would, even before I met you."

Which is, you know, pretty much exactly IT and precisely the sort of thing that the dude who convinces you to never ever be single again in your life WOULD say.

Personal photo taken by a wedding guest. [Rainbow citrus] cake made by my Granna, cake topper made by my mom. She even made tiny thick-rimmed glasses for The Foliage's bird. Uh. May. Zing.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Pretty much the best wedding cake I've had...EVER.

rachEL said...

dang it Christine! you're always so Funnyyy, I never expect you to make me CRY. I guess it's Leaf's fault really. "before I met you." UGH! SO AWESOME.

anyway congrats!! that is the most amazing cake.. rainbow citrus?? ok I loved the cake my sister made for my wedding, lemon curd and fresh strawberries and all that.. but I'm having a bit of cake envy right now..

ceejus said...

Not gonna lie, it pretty much kicked cake ass. There's a video of us eating it on Facebook. Mom told Granna we liked rainbow. I reeeeeeally hope the top got saved for our anniversary...but I skipped town so I have no idea.