Wednesday, August 15, 2012

follow up

 
Since midwives (or at least OURS) don't do ultrasounds, they have to use other methods to verify the baby is, in fact, a baby. Like a stethoscope. But listening for a heartbeat is pointless until 11 or so weeks. So first appointment has been scheduled for September 4th. Our anniversary!! And the end of the 1st trimester!!
 
It's going to be weird. But mostly I can't wait to be able to wake up and then just STAY awake. So maybe this has been a problem for me forever. MOM AND THE FOLIAGE YOU DON'T NEED TO CHIME IN HERE. I know. I know!! My level of sleepy is not ideal for motherhood! I knowwwwwwwwwwwwww.
 
But there's been a breakthrough, and that breakthrough...is soup. HO my gawd soup. The thought of it occurred to me the other day, and I have a couple frozen batches of homemade chicken broth in the freezer, I just keep forgetting to defrost them. Then today BAM I needed. soup. immediately. So I went to Panera and got Bistro Onion (because they can't say "French"? I guess? Or something?) and MADRE DE DIOS!! I'm even in love my post-soup burps. Every single bite was heaven. HEAVEN.
 
But tonight I'm going to mess it all up again because we're going to the Montgomery County Fair where there will be:
-A bee demonstration
-A goat sale
-Pig races
-Exclusively deep fried foods
 
I will eat those deep fried foods. I will eat them so hard. Especially fried oreos. (Note to the County Fair Gods: Please let there be fried oreos!!)
 
I am going to confuse the crap out of this baby's digestive system. Let the motherguilt begin!!
 

1 comment:

Jo said...

How cool that you get heartbeat on anniversary!

YUM FAIR FOODS.