Thursday, January 24, 2013

here in my car

 
The Foliage and I got in a fight recently. Because he sucks at science.
 
Here is the scenario:
 
The other morning the car radio started acting funny. And by "funny" I mean it wouldn't turn off, and we couldn't adjust the volume except to make it UNBEARABLY LOUD or just barely audible.
 
So in this situation:
 
Control = the volume, as judged by our fine-the-last-time-we-checked hearing
Variable 1 = the dashboard volume knob
Variable 2 = the steering wheel volume toggle
 
While I was testing Variable 1 (via SMALL turns of the knob, followed by pauses to assess the effect because it seemed like maybe there was a delay between using the knob/toggle and the volume changing) I notice this MFer's LAYING on Variable 2!
 
I'll give you a minute to process the egregiousness of this lifechoice of his. Are you all set with your rage? Because oh. There was some rage.
 
He did not get a minute while I processed it.
 
Ceej: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! I'M TESTING THE DASHBOARD KNOB!
The Foliage: Whoa, don't yell at me! The knob isn't working!
C: YOU CAN'T KNOW THAT BECAUSE YOU AREN'T TESTING IT PROPERLY
TF: YOU DON'T HAVE TO YELL JUST BECAUSE THE RADIO IS LOUD
C: I'M NOT YELLING BECAUSE OF THE RADIO I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU ARE RIDICULOUS
TF: (Jaw-down perplexed face)
 
Then we arrived at the metro and I didn't even offer him a goodbye kiss so obviously was sure the train would derail on the way to work. Spoiler! It didn't. WHEW! But I did spend most of the day inordinately angry at him, aware of the fact that I was probably being unreasonable but for the LIFE of me could not figure out how.
 
I still don't think I was wrong. Lesson here is: don't fck with science, jerk.
 

1 comment:

spaceelephant said...

A, now I have that song in my head, which is not too bad a song to have stuck in one's head, actually.
B, We had this fight the other day. About the CAR SEAT. We were trying to figure out how to adjust the straps, and I was reading the manual, and J just starts TAKING SHIT APART ON THE CAR SEAT, thinking he can figure it out on his own, and I blew a gasket bc YOU DON'T FUCK WITH THE CARSEAT OMG OUR KID WILL DIE NOW. And we have a manual RIGHT HERE.
C, I also have a scientific-minded brain. I must have had a really good science teacher bc things like controls and variables are LODGED IN THERE like nobody's business.